Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Shelley Wynter and USTalknetwork



So, it looks like Shelley bites the dust again. From WAOK to the wanna be talk show forum www.ustalknetwork.com , it seems like Mr. Wynters can't find a home; which is a dayum shame as he is a pretty good talk show host.

Shelley is no longer at www.ustalknetwork.com and it's not clear if he was fired or if he resigned. I was listening to his show when the "owner" of the network interrupted Shelley in order to start a debate. Well it should have been great fodder however, Shelley told Lee (the owner) that it was HIS show and that he could say whatever he wants. Well, the next thing I knew, Shelley was off of the air, failing to finish the last half of his show.

True to form in the talk radio world, there was no explanation of what happened, Shelley was just gone, which is really a shame because Shelley was the best that UStalk had. The other hosts are pretty washed up, one of them sounding like a dirty old man most of the time and the other one as dry as dead cow manure, bless his heart. The backdrop of UStalk is pretty cool with an interactive chat room and what not, but the forum refuses to use the site appropriately IE advising listeners when hosts won't be on the air (which they often are not) or using the site to let listeners know of upcoming events.

I really hope that Shelley makes it back to the scene at a real station as he is something different. A bit too emotional but still something different, and someone who makes me think. As far as www.ustalknetwork.com goes my suggestion is that you get folks who know at least SOMETHING about the net to help you with the forum and go to www.dictionary.com and look up the word professionalism. Maybe that would help you guys, but I really don't care as I won't be listening anymore anyway.

Good Luck Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. I am addicted to talk 106.7 and all the people in this talk show have become like my friends and I can't stop listening to them even after I park my car. Now that 106.7 has been sold to another co., my drive has become boring again. Hope that they find some other station fast.

    ReplyDelete